Guaranteed same-day visits
- We guarantee same-day, on-site inspection visits, if requested before 10am.
- Request your on-site inspection by telephone: 01225 477517, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you call later than 10am, we will still try to visit that day if you need it.
- We understand that you need to run a project, and will try to fit our inspection times around your requirements.
You can start building works once you have submitted An Application for building control approval with full plans or a Building Notice application. However, if you have made a An Application for building control approval with full plans application, any work carried out before you receive the approval notice is at your own risk.
You should not start work without approval if you need:
Notification of various stages
When you submit your Building Regulations application we will notify the applicant in writing of the general stages throughout the build when we will need to inspect the work. The applicant, or builder will need to notify us when the build reaches each of these stages, to enable us to undertake site inspection visits. This is known as the Inspection Notification Framework. At the start of the work, our surveyors will also discuss the timing of inspection visits with the builder or owner.
General stages of work for site inspection
The general stages for inspections are listed below. They will vary, depending on the type of work.
- Excavation of foundations before concreting
- Installation of reinforcement before concreting (in a foundation or a slab)
- Building over the damp proof course and foundations
- Oversite before concreting
- Laying drains before back-filling*
- Drains test after back-filling
- Installation of structural members (floor joists, roof structure, steel beams etc)
- Thermal insulation
- Occupation (if before completion)
- Completion of the work
*Building work will be commenced in accordance with regulation 46A of the building regulations. For a building with foundations this means when the foundations will have been placed and the construction up to ground
floor level is complete. For other building work this will be when 15% of the works are complete.
On large projects, our surveyors will arrange to call on a daily basis, or more frequently, if required.
To ensure that building work complies with the Building Regulations, Building Control surveyors may visit the site at times other than those listed.